Thursday, July 3, 2008

It is done

My teaching at Cal State Fullerton is all but done. I was officially teaching two summer school classes -- introductory and advanced statistics. However, I was unofficially teaching three; three of my students needed to learn multilevel modeling, so I said if I teach 3 or I teach 15 it makes no difference, provided there is nothing to grade; I've been teaching a varying number of students multilevel modeling on Thursday afternoons -- followed by sushi. Unfortunately, there was one week I had to miss so next week is my last class to give. But, all my official teaching work is done; grades are complete and all I have to do is turn in the sheet next week.

In the past few days, people asking for statistics consulting have been coming out of the wood work! I have a job I'm about to do when I finish this post, another project coming in from the same people, and more data coming in from someone else -- AND, that's from today alone. I also have three things to finish up before the end of next week, each of which will take an afternoon -- I'm thinking of taking one entire day -- early AM to late PM, and hammering them all out, but we'll see how that goes.

It's been an exhausting week. I think it's about time to twiddle with the fist statistical model and turn in; tomorrow, the weekend starts -- I will be sleeping in.

It's also time to start packing. I eagerly await John's arrival and the return trek.

No comments: